Wednesday, November 5, 2008

3 AM blog.

Well there's nothing like a good case of insomnia.

After having been trying to sleep for over 3 hours I've decided that I'd come online and see who was on at this ungodly hour. As expected, no one. So I thought I'd write a few words.

If there's one mistake that people make constantly, it's that we are too trusting. 
But seriously, tell me you've never told someone a secret and they've told someone else, or that you've done that to someone. That you've cheated on someone, or have been cheated on. It's in our nature, we have idealistic views in our head that people that we know would never do something to break our trust. News flash, some people thrive on that. Some people live for this lifestyle where you get close to someone to gain there trust to get in  to their lives then turn around and exploit you. 

Trust is something that we need, but how do we know who to trust? 

How do you trust you friends? They make mistakes sometimes sure, but what if they keep doing it? I'll tell you why now, because they aren't a friend.
How do you trust a boyfriend? How do you know that they only stay to get what they want and once they get it leave? This brings me to my next point.

For all you guys out there here's a warning. 

But before I get on with my little rant, let me ask you a question. Why get into a relationship if you know from the very start it will not work? Is it because you just want to have fun? Toy with a girls heart? To practice, to get experience? But then, what's the point? Why start something when you know it wont last. You don't. Unless you are both on the same page, it is ill advised to get into a relationship where one thinks it will work and the other thinks not. Talk to your girlfriend or prospective girlfriend to clarify things. Communication really is key. 

Speaking as a girl who's heart has been hurt several times, guys don't play around. This is a serious game you're getting yourself into. Don't do it if you're not ready. And girls, don't be so quick to trust. It'll save you a lot of misery.

To clarify: I'm not saying don't trust anyone, I'm saying don't jump the gun and trust someone over night. Build your relationship.

Well, now that that's off my chest. I hope no one gets offended, this is only how I see things. Then again I might see it differently when I'm not hurting. Biased opinion? I'm not so sure.

I hope I can finally get to sleep. I only have class tomorrow at 11:30 to 2:30. Lovely isn't it. But that's a story for next time.

Ta Ta for now,
xoxo
Steph.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll never know unless you go. Life isn't clear cut, if it was where would the fun be in living it? Decisions would have no risks, or rewards.

Unfortunately sometimes things don't work out. But life is about taking risk I believe, and if we don't take these risks, then we cant grow up, and become who we are supposed to be, or be all that can be. And yes perhaps I'm being idealistic, but at the end of the day all we really have are our hopes and dreams, and if we don't live for them, then we live for nothing.

You'll be fine, and it seems that your next post really shows that you've taken some steps in the right direction! I'm commenting on this post in hopes that when you read it you will maybe look back on it and see the need to take certain risks in order to find out what exactly is on the other side of the rabbit hole.

just my 2cents

S.Hagarty said...

I understand what you are saying, and thank you for putting your 2cents in :P

However I believe that there are certain risks that don't need to be taken. If it's for the good of ones self, like saving yourself from getting hurt, then don't take the risk. But if it's for anything else, like a once in a life-time chance. take it.

I appreciate what you have said and thank you. I'll keep my mind open. Maybe you're right and I'm just too stubborn to realize it. lol

thank you!