Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 18.

And no. I don't mean day 18 on this site.

Today marks the 18th day of my being single. How am I taking it? I'd say not too bad.
I can't say the same thing about last night, though. Sometimes a girl has rough days, it just so happened to be one of them. It's not easy getting your heart ripped into pieces in front of you, and it take a lot of time to heal. But you can't let it get the better of you. Which it has been since that ungrateful day. Although, I must say not as badly as the last time. 

My first breakup was a mess. I cried non stop for a full month. A little sad considering we were only together for 3 months. However, when you give yourself fully to someone, things tend to get more complicated. But this time, I cried for a few days straight, then occasionally, then rarely, then nothing. Yesterday was the day I have cried the most since the wound was first made. It was also the day I decided to put an end to this. It was time to move on.

And by moving on, I meant sever all ties. How is a girl suppose to get over a guy if he's always there? Besides, how's he suppose to see what he lost if I'm always there. 

So today is a new beginning. I now no longer count the days, and I no longer fantasize of his epiphany and romantic attempts to win me back. Although they are entertaining, they aren't healthy.

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

And no more boys. For a long, long, long time. And a hint for all, don't trust anyone too quickly. You might just end up getting hurt.

Ta Ta for now.

xoxo
Steph.

2 comments:

Jagjit said...

wish u strength! maybe u deserve someone better?

S.Hagarty said...

Thanks. Maybe you're right, but for now I'm fliying solo. Thanks!